Sunday, July 16, 2006

Exciting Adventures Ahead!

Now that I've done three triathlons - I suppose I'll need to change the name of my blog but I'm not quite sure what to call it. I'm also going to widen the focus of my musings given that I have new adventures in store as a travel nurse. I've been in Columbia for over three years and at my current job for almost two, so it feels like time to move on. I'm going to be starting a position in Norfolk, VA at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters on August 14th and living in Virginia Beach. I've only been to the east coast once and that was a band trip in junior high complete with chaperones and cheesey tourist sites in Washington DC so this will be quite different. While I'm there, I'm hoping to explore eastern Virginia, Washington and the outer banks of North Carolina. Of course just living near the ocean is going to be fabulous in itself.

Now the stressful part will be packing up my life, putting things in storage in Springfield (which will become home base) and saying goodbye to my life here in Columbia. It's going to be difficult but I figure that as long as I have my dogs with me and the open road- life will be good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good! I'm glad to hear you will be keeping your blog. I was wondering what you'd be doing now that you've done your tris, and I imagine this move will give you lots of interesting stories to share. I can't wait to read them!