Tuesday, November 10, 2009

G is for GOALS!

I have really slacked at setting goals for myself and as I've learned in the past, I really don't get anywhere if I don't push myself.

Case in point, my weight loss. I did pretty well those first three weeks on Weight Watchers and lost 5 pounds, then I stopped recording my intake, stopped calculating points and just kept with the status quo. Now on the positive side, I haven't gained any of those pounds back, but I'm still well away from my goal and my pre-pregnancy weight. Therefore ...

GOAL #1 - starting today, I will record ALL food that I eat and calculate my Weight Watchers Points! I will endeavor to stay within my points range the rest of the week.

I've also been slacking on the running. I did do a 10K last weekend and that's all good and well, but I do need to actually run on non-race days. I have decided to do the Little Rock HALF marathon as opposed to the full because it is a much more realistic goal with weekly mileage that is very achievable with the Gremlin. The half training plan also has lower mileage during the week which is likely to keep me out of the doctor's office with injuries.

GOAL #2 - I will do all mileage listed for this week on my training plan!!

I didn't run yesterday, but I did feel the great urge to go for a hike so I strapped the Gremlin to my back and hit the Pinnacle Mountain Trail. I refused to give myself grief for not running because for once I felt the pure joy of being outdoors and sweating on the trail. I think I need to do things like this more often and not be so limited by running in my neighborhood. Given how steep the trail is, I'm pretty sure I can count it as a good cross-training workout.

I think I need to be more diligent in taking on tasks in the house and cleaning and organizing areas that have gone long untouched. I really think that being apathetic about the inch of dust on my bedroom dresser does effect my overall outlook on life. I find it so hard to get things done when I'm chasing Gremlin all day, but I think if I broke it up into small manageable tasks, I could feel good about making small strides.

Goal #3 - Do one small thing around the house every day.

Let's see if I can turn Apathetic Jenn around. It may take some coaxing or downright brow-beating ... but it can be done!

No comments: