Saturday, November 07, 2009

Miss Independent???

Today made me realize just how utterly, pitifully and pathetically dependent I have become. The old Jenn would have scoffed at this vision of myself - moping around the quiet house and not even cheered by the Tivo full of long neglected mindless entertainment. Shoot, a few years ago my description of a perfect weekend day would be me in my jammies, watching hours of tv - ooooh maybe some Buffy or Alias??? - surrounded by my fur family and lots of coffee and Diet Coke. Today, however, I was just missing my boys.

I had to work last night and today's Razorback game had an early kickoff so Bryan and Gremlin left yesterday afternoon for an overnight at the in-laws. I should have been excited that I couldn't change my shift because it meant I got to miss another football game! (sorry but I really can't pretend that I like football - I love you to much to deceive) Instead I was just sad that I had to head to work without hugs or baby kisses, and then come home to an empty home. Even the dogs were low-key, they clearly didn't like it either.

I did my best to sleep as long as possible, with both Tosca and Oakley snuggled in close. Then I caught up on three weeks of Grey's Anatomy and had some tasty Taco Bell. Now I'm readying for a relaxing bath without worries of a little Gremlin walking in and trying to climb in while demanding to join me and I'm still essentially in my jammies. It should be a nice escape, but instead I'm just wondering how long it will take Bryan to get home.

Yes, it's pitiful.
I'm one of *those* chics who really digs her husband and her child.
Blech!
How did this happen??

Right now I have going through my head ...
"What happened to Miss Independent? No longer need to be defensive.
Goodbye, old you, when love is true."

Screw you Kelly Clarkson! :)

No comments: