Monday, June 05, 2006

I may be slow, but I'll look cute!!

This weekend I'm doing my first sprint distance triathlon - the Wolf Creek Sprint at Lake Shelbyville, IL with a 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike and 5K run. I hadn't originally planned on debuting at sprint distance until my Danskin in July and the 12 week training plan I'm following will be peaking for that race, but I just couldn't resist! My supersprint was so much fun that it made me anxious for more and my cousin is doing this race (go Trav!) and the entry fee was cheap and it just seemed like it would be a good idea. Now I'm a little worried that I'm undertrained BUT I need to keep remembering that this is supposed to be a fun race and a good training experience. I'm not crazy enough to think that I'll be anywhere but the back of the pack, but I need to use this race as an opportunity to learn how I can improve to be more confident for the Danskin race.

The great thing is that I have my supercute race outfit all ready for the weekend! A pink and purple desoto tri top with purple shorts, my Asics with new pink yanks speed laces, and my pink headsweats visor ..... seeing a pattern here?? I may be last out of the water and walking part of the run, but at least I'll look cute doing it and isn't that in the end what it's all about :)

As for goals, even though I'm a little undertrained I might as well push myself. Dream big, think big - right??
Overall race: 95 minutes
Bike - average 14 mph
Run - average 11:45/mile

(but in all honestly, I'll be happy with anyone under 105 minutes ... )

1 comment:

Travis said...

you're going to have to step it up! When I see someone wearing an outfit, I always assume they are good. That's why I only wear white and black, very understated. :) I'm kidding, it will be a fun time, plus they took a lot of pictures last year, so looking good counts.