Friday, June 02, 2006

Pitiful, pathetic and sad!! - best descriptors for Jenn's biking


I SUCK beyond all belief at road biking!!

After many days of walking right past Lola in my garage, I decided to take her for a spin. I even drove all the way out of town to a nice country road with minimal traffic and some rolling hills so that I wouldn't have the white knuckled fear of townie drivers and stop lights. It was a pitiful display, there's just no other word for it. I had to stop briefly after 2 miles because I thought I was going to die, not from cars mind you, from my ridiculously beating heart!! All in all, I went 6 pitiful miles in 23 minutes, certainly nothing that will cause intimidation in a race.

So I've done all this swimming - great now I won't drown! and all this running - wee, look at me I can run 4 miles!! But it won't mean squat if I can't even walk after getting done with the bike leg!!

On a positive note, I didn't let the passing vehicles - mainly trucks with duelies, freak me out. I persevered and was able to ride in a relatively straight line, I seem to have unlocked the mysteries of shifting AND I even spent some time in my aero bars which taught me that I need to do a little seat adjustment, perhaps a little downward slope of the nose so that I don't paralyze my tender girl parts :)

well, if I can swim and run ... that's something isn't it??

No comments: