Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Moving Forward ...

I've been back to the hell baby nursery twice now due to a period of slow down in the NICU so I'm guessing that I have no choice but to learn this role. I've been doing some breastfeeding research on the internet (remember, I've NEVER lactacted and no this isn't something that all women just "instinctively" know) and I signed up for a spanish class that starts in January. Even if I don't end up staying in Colorado, it will be helpful to be able to mutter at least a few words of Spanish (so there John!!). So perhaps by the end of this assignment I will be a confident well baby nurse and friend to all new mothers .... or maybe not.

I also realized that it has been a long time since I mentioned anything fitness minded which is likely due to the fact that I've become the epitome of sloth in the past few months. I know that I have a hard time with motivation so it's time to set some preliminary goals to get me going.

  • 1. Train and complete an early spring half -marathon
  • 2. Assemble the bike trainer that I purchased and actually get on the thing at least twice a week (remember, I'm not trying to work miracles ... yet)
  • 3. Look around for a place to swim so that I can get back in the pool after the first of the year
  • 4. Start thinking of summer races - I'm thinking two Sprint distances and *gulp* going Olympic distance late in the summer
finally, #5. Stay POSITIVE and seize the moment!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you mean carpe cerveza? :)

ObfusK8 said...

So, Jenn... done any running lately?!?! Hope you aren't too terribly snowed in!