Monday, January 22, 2007

Traveling with a heavy heart













I'm writing this from my Comfort Inn couch in Colby, KS - the "oasis of the prairie" - as I once again traverse the great state of Kansas. Today I officially left Denver and hopefully all of my bad karma behind. I can't move into my Little Rock apartment until February 2nd so I'll spend my remaining week and a half off visiting my old homes of Columbia, MO and Springfield, IL.

The past few days have been very stressful with the packing and trying to stuff my belongings into my new car. When I got to Denver, I was hoping to stay for a few contracts so I ended up buying some new stuff (a stationary bike trainer, new beds for the dogs etc) and basically had more than I could easily carry. So in addition to the stress of packing (have I mentioned how much I hate moving??) there was the sadness of having to leave a place I love so much. Anyone who's been to Denver knows how beautiful it is having the snow capped mountains in the distance, how crisp the air feels, how bright and sunshiney the coldest days can be. Not to mention, I was just getting to know all of my friends and coworkers again. So all in all, it was just sad having to leave.

I want to give a shout out to a few people:
Joanie - thanks for all of your help from lending a crock pot, making sure I had a Christmas tree, to driving over an hour round trip just to give me a ride! I'm sorry I'm not going to be there for Carly's birth but I'll be there in spirit!!

Christine- Try not to go too crazy in the hospital!! Just remember that every day you keep those babies from being born is a good day!! 36 weeks won't be *too* far off and little Broomhilda and Balthazar will be perfect and healthy!

Jen - I'm so glad we reconnected after all of these years!! Who would have thought when we were freshman "skate bait" that we would turn into these fabulous women! I'm glad I got to meet your girls - they are awesome!!

Dee- I'm going to miss our planned training rides and snowshoeing expeditions! I'll just have to whip myself into tri shape without you but maybe we can still race together later this year??

Lynn - I enjoyed hanging out with you and the girls. We'll have to try the aquarium again the next time I'm around.

Here's hoping that Little Rock brings untold adventures ... at this point in time I'm really needing a little pick me up in life.

reporting from I-70

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you already. :(