Wednesday, May 09, 2007

On the Road Again....

I'm posting this morning from my hotel room in Salina, KS and I'm experiencing a bit of deja vu. The last time I spent the night in Salina was during my move from Denver to Columbia, MO in May 2003 when I started nursing school. Interestingly enough, both times I have been sick!! In 2003, I was driving a 20ft UHaul truck and dizzy from running a high fever, and this time I'm in my own car towing a little trailer and staying on top of my illness with tons of medication. The other striking difference is that in 2003 I was getting ready to start school so I chose the budget minded $29.99 hotel and this time around I went with the finer amenities of the Best Western :) I should make it to Denver early this afternoon and have plenty of time to get unpacked before getting a good night's sleep before I start my new job tomorrow morning.

I have to give a HUGE shoutout to my nice boy B.J. (initials used to protect the innocent ... or the guilty!) He helped me finish packing, brought over a smoothie for my sore throat, carried the heavy boxes down the stairs, loaded my trailer, and was kind enough to host not just me, but also my two dogs at his house after my trailer was loaded. I do pride myself on being an independent, I can do it myself kindof girl, but when you're not feeling well - it is always nice to have people around you who are willing to help.

Well, best get back to I-70, my favorite highway!!

3 comments:

ObfusK8 said...

Jenn! Sorry I've been a delinquent friend but I miss you! I hope you're feeling better soon and that the rest of the move goes well :)

Anonymous said...

sorry you don't feel well but are totally psyched to see you next week!! feel better and travel safely!

Anonymous said...

You'll definitely be missed!