Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Travel Difficulties

It's official, I should have been blonde.

Upon arriving at the Denver airport after a long day of travel, I started to worry because I really didn't recall where I had parked. As I was ruminating on how fun it would be to wander the parking lot of the west terminal aimlessly, I realized that I had not seen my car keys in my purse. Though I was *hoping* they were in my luggage, I did vaguely recall taking them out of my purse early in my trip and putting them on the table at boyfriend's house. After gathering my luggage and rummaging through it (nothing like seeing a grown woman flinging her underwear about the terminal) I realized, that yes, indeed my keys were in Little Rock. Of course I do have a spare set of car keys in my apartment, but that wasn't going to help me get in my car.

I managed to find a way to get home - the Denver public transportation system has a convenient bus system that would only cost me $6 - but that didn't solve the problem of how to get into my apartment. I called the office and after a little convincing, they agreed to unlock the door of my place before they left for the day since I would be getting home after business hours. After bussing it back to the complex, the problem became how do I get through the gates which of course are locked and accessed only with a key (in Arkansas) or a key card (which of course is in my car). I only had to wait a few minutes before a car came in and I ran dragging my suitcase behind me to get in the gate behind the car.

Now I'm in my apartment with the plan of bussing back to the airport tomorrow with my spare set of car keys to retrieve my car, borrowing an apartment key from the office and having a duplicate made, then picking up my poor pooches who had to spend another night at the kennel.

Oh and to top it off, my cell phone which is my only means of communication has a battery almost completely drained. And my charger??? The main one is in Little Rock and the spare is in my car.

Yeah, red heads aren't the brightest either.

3 comments:

Ken said...

Jenn -

Nice to meet you (sort of). Look forward to running / biking with you and Bryan when you return later this summer.

Thanks for the interest in the adoption. Bex is a cool little dude and we're learning a lot as we go (like any new parents).

The photos of you and Mr. 2.0 are great. It's true...he's got a pretty good eye for photog.

That is all.

JCR said...

Did you get your car?? I wish I hadn't been coughing up my lungs so that I could have helped.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, What a comedy of errors!! I can almost hear the "Looney Tunes" sound track. But you (and most redheads that I know) are indestructible. Carry on! Love the posts..keep'em coming.