Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!!

In honor of Earth Day, I decided not to water our newly planted grass seed this morning given that we had showers forecast for this afternoon. See I can conserve, and reduce/reuse/recycle with the best of them!! I may be a nurse now, but back in the days of my environmental health studies I visited many a landfill, spent some time at incinerators, water treatment and sewage treatment plants and learned about local air pollution. I was thinking about going green long before the celebrities started driving their Priuses ... or is the plural Prii?? I'm trying to dredge up that high school Latin, but it's hard because I am remembering the evil clanking of Sr. Mary Annette's rosary beads - she was one tough, old nun!!

In other news, I learned that this week is Turn Off Your TV week. It is a noble effort to encourage other pursuits like reading, exercising and playing with your kids outdoors, and actually I watch so little TV these days that it wouldn't be hard at all to do this for a week. BUT - must they really choose this week??? I mean the week that Grey's Anatomy returns after a five month hiatus?!?!?!?!? Can I just TIVO it and watch it next week?? Would that be cheating?? I mean as much as I can't stand Meredith's character, I was so excited to finally see her break through and want to be monogamous with McDreamy who let's face it, should we have a lot of sympathy for a man that began dating her for months while conveniently forgetting to tell her about HIS WIFE that he eventually left her for?? Seriously, despite the cute, tousled hair we shouldn't forget that he has been quite an ass and given her good reason to be a little scared off. Oh and can we stop killing all of the viewers eyes with the George/Izzy pairing??? I mean not that I'm really into it or anything .... I'm just saying.

2 comments:

JCR said...

Oh no, TiVo isn't cheating. :)

Steve Stenzel said...

I agree. TiVo still means the TV is off. It sounds legal to me!

HA! ;)