Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Tri" Again Next Year

Well it looks like 2008 will NOT be my triumphant return to the triathlon racing scene. Before you condemn me for giving up so early in the season, I DO have a good reason. It turns out that this wanna-be is knocked up and road biking and racing tri are not recommended after the first trimester and I just passed that point. I do plan on continuing running (well my pitiful run/walks at the moment) and to start swimming as soon as the neighborhood lap pool opens for the season. My goal is to maintain my fitness as much as possible during the next 6 months and stay as healthy as possible.

Next year, I want to be right back at it given that I'll have even more impetus to train so that I can get rid of the damage that I'm sure this gremlin will do to my physique. Til then, I'll find some 5 and 10K to keep me occupied.

BJ and I are maintaining a joint blog on the whole prego experience at http://jones-baby.blava.org/ for anyone that's interested.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Yeah a new baby! I wish I could run to Little Rock and give you a huge hug!!!

Ken said...

BJ is on my fecal roster for not sharing the baby blog info.

And you already know I'm thrilled for you guys.

ObfusK8 said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for y'all!!!

JCR said...

I'm so excited. You can probably still hear me screaming! Thanks for sharing the new blog. Looking forward to keeping up with that one, too.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

That was so potent water you have been drinking. Congrats.

Chrissy said...

I can't believe this wonderful news! I'm screaming as we speak! Congratulations you two!!