Friday, May 23, 2008

Blog Hiatus

After much consideration, I've decided to place this blog on hiatus. When I originally started this, it was called "Trying to Tri for the First Time" and I used it to chronicle my journey towards getting fit, losing weight and training for my first triathlon. I had a lot of fun detailing my first races, milestones along the way and just keeping track of the drastic changes I was making in my life through fitness.

When I started travel nursing, I added the dimension of moving to new places and having experiences as a mobile nurse while still posting about my running and races (this was when I changed the name to "The Verbose and Curious Travels of Nurse Jenn).

Now I'm finding that I'm no longer relevant ... I'm not traveling anymore, and I'm not currently able to train. I was hoping that I could continue on as a "struggles to stay fit while pregnant" theme, but at this point the most exercise I'm getting is taking the stairs at work. It seems that I have now resorted to using this as a way to vent about frustrations in my life, and honestly I don't want to do that. When I really think about it, my journey to doing that first triathlon truly made me the person that I am today. I gained such self-confidence and for the first time really felt comfortable with who I was. Not only did I look awesome physically, but I felt better about myself than I had in years. I doubt that I ever would have ever left Missouri and started traveling had I never pushed myself into doing things that were tough, seemed out of reach, and quite frankly were not a lot of fun in the beginning.

I really want to get back to the essence of who I was back then, and to have that focus and determination on a specific goal. I think I'm better off mentally when I'm training and obviously physically as well. The reality is that it's going to have to wait so I'd rather just put this project on hold until I can once again make this the blog I intended it to be.

I will be maintaining my pregnancy blog, but I know that a lot of you aren't really into that - seriously I wouldn't read that type of blog either unless it was a good friend or family member.

If all goes well with the delivery and recovery of the baby, I should be starting back up in mid-December training for the Little Rock Half-Marathon in March and then of course finding some late Spring tris to shoot for. If anyone would like to be notified of when I start training and posting again, please send me an email to jennx_rn@yahoo.com and I will send out a message when the blog becomes active again.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you when I start my quest to be a hot, in shape triathletic MILF!!!

No comments: