Sunday, April 23, 2006

An ultrarunner in the family

So here I am doing my training and just totally excited when I'm able to run a mile non-stop without needing a walk break. Then I talk to my Mom and she tells me how my cousin had a training run "to Chatham and back" which in Central Illinois topography is at least 20 miles. Of course he's on a different page than me - he's an ultrarunner. Now I think to myself, "Great! Nobody will ever be impressed with my measly sprint tri when we've got family members running freaking marathons!" Because let's be honest, I'm a chic and at times, it really is all about me.

But seriously, he completed his first major race, the McNaughton Park Trail runs, and I am so excited and proud! Check out his race report blog here. I do wonder if sometime waaaaay down the road a marathon or a half mary may be in my future? Either way, I don't think I'd ever ask for 30 miles of singletrack and hills!!

So congratulations Trav! You set the bar pretty high, but you also inspire! I look forward to seeing what your next accomplishment will be!

1 comment:

Travis said...

thanks for the shout out!! It was pretty awesome. Keep up the good work. When is the first race?