Friday, May 12, 2006

My first race is done ... now what??

So I've been riding the high of my first race all week long - and it's been great! Lots of friends and co-workers are kind enough to inquire about my race and to indulge me in my stories recanting my "great" achievement. The problem is that I have more races - longer, more challenging races - on my schedule and there's just no time for sitting on my butt. This week I've definitely fallen off the training wagon but I still have the weekend to make up for it.

I've added a race to my schedule, the Wolf Creek Sprint Tri in June. It will be a good opportunity to do an open water swim in a smaller event and prepare me for the circus that the Danskin is likely to be. Also my cousin is doing this race so it will be a family event. If I have any hopes of competing the distance, however, I better get back on my training plan! I have no fears of coming in last, but I do want to perform to the best of my ability. I'm currently up to running 2.75miles at a time so hopefully in a month's time a 5K run will be manageable after a 10 mile bike ride. As for the swim... I'm pretty buoyant so I'll make it through! My bike may be the only one left in transition when I'm done, but at least I have no fears of drowning!!!

No comments: