Sunday, May 14, 2006

Woo Hoo!! New Wheels!!


So my cousin Travis got himself a fancy new tri-bike and I am now the proud owner of the road bike he raced on last year!! It's a 2005 Raleigh Supercourse and I will admit to being a complete bike idiot but the Raleigh online catalog states it has an "Atomic 13 SL butted aluminum frame with vibration damping carbon fiber seat stays, Kinesis carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra and 105 components and a Truvativ Elita ISIS drive triple crankset." all which means nothing to me. All I know that it is red and pretty :)

I have christened her "Lola" because in my opinion all bikes should be named... quit laughing! It's my bike and I can name it if I want!

Luckily he showed me how to shift it or I would have probably spent a week looking for something to push on and tooling around in one gear saying "F@*k" a lot. I put some plain old pedals and toe clips on it because I'm just not ready for the pain and torture that will come with clipless pedals and bike shoes. I know they'll make me stronger and faster, but I am envisioning MANY MANY falls in my future because I'm not the most graceful person when walking, let alone when physically clipped into a 2 wheeled instrument. I didn't get a chance to take her on a maiden voyage today because it was pretty overcast and dark by the time I got back from the bike shop with the pedals - and I didn't think getting hit by a car would be a good way to start my road bike career!!



No comments: