Sunday, May 28, 2006

Training in Hades

This week reminds me why I hate the Midwest! When it starts to hit the mid 90s and the humidity makes you sweat just thinking about going outside I wonder "why did I leave Colorado?" The heat is forcing me to rethink my training because it's not going to be wise to train in the late afternoons when I wake up, except of course for swimming. Today for example I really needed to ride, but I was exhausted when I got home from work at 8 a.m., the walking dead kindof exhausted. When I got up at 4 p.m. it was ridiculously hot, the kind that makes me grumpy and irritable, and since it's a holiday weekend the rec center closed early so there's no other option but to either skip a workout or brave the heat. And I'm sorry to say it, but I'm weak so no workout today.

Tomorrow morning after work I'm going to run a 5K and it will likely already be in the mid to high 80s at 9 a.m. so I'll be forced to run in the heat. I guess I better get used to it because sadly races aren't done in the air conditioning.

No comments: