Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Next Stop - Denver

I'm halfway through my assignment in Norfolk, VA and my next stop is going to be Denver. I just received a job offer from the University of Colorado Hospital which is down the street from my old office at the CO Dept of Public Health. For some reason, Colorado doesn't pay well in terms of travel contracts but this assignment wasn't too much of a pay cut and I think it's a pretty decent unit.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Denver and catching up with my friends and maybe making some new ones as well!! The last time I lived in Colorado, I wasn't quite as active so I'm hoping to take advantage of the recreational opportunities this time around. Hopefully there will be some skiing after the first of the year, some snowshoeing, and I've always wanted to try cross country skiing. It's more my style because it doesn't have that "if I hit a tree going this fast I might die" stigma attached to it :)

Now that my time in Virginia is limited, I really need to get out and do some things. I haven't done a lot of touristy stuff because I've been trying to live very cheaply so that I can pay down my bills. I do want to hit some of the local attractions like the Virginia aquarium, the Nauticus maritime center, Chrysler Museum of Art, Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown settlement, as well as spend a few days up in Washington D.C. I think I'll plan my trip to DC late in October, and try to hit some of the local options on my days off over the next few weeks. Look for reports from those sites soon!!

1 comment:

Travis said...

I'd love to live out there and just hit the trails non-stop. Enjoy it. Blue Springs is over by KC. It sounds like a fun race, we dont know the route until we show up, we just know its 50k. That hoilday weekend thing is a common occurance. McNaughton was the Saturday before Easter! Good thing Micaela is understanding.