Saturday, July 14, 2007

Boyfriend 2.0 upgraded to Fiancee!!!!

I got engaged!!

Woo Hoo!! Yippee!!

Yes, we've only known each other a little over 3 months, but I'm intelligent enough to know that when the love of your life is handed to you by the universe ... you don't ask questions. I mean I'm 33, who knows how many more soulmates are going to be thrown at me??? (just kidding B)

It's been an amazing ride so far and I'm ecstatically happy! And I'll just say that those who know me well will admit that "girly" and "giddy" are not a normal part of my repertoire.


edited to add: I put two more pictures up, another one of us using that fabulous self-timer mode on the camera, and also one of the ring. I didn't really want an engagement ring because I can't wear something that sticks up at work anyway (large stones poke through gloves). I had told boyfriend 2.0 I'd be happy if we just got cool bands when the time came, but being the fabulous boy that he is, he got me some bling that still suited my sensibilities :) BTW, we totally got engaged on Friday the 13th ... how's that for saying "screw you" to superstition!!

5 comments:

JCR said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Ken said...

Hearty congrats!

I see you and B have taken to the Ken/Jess tradition of hand-held headshots (started on our honeymoon).

Look forward to your return to LR so we can officially meet and begin socializing.

Travis said...

Congrats!!! Ah, the bliss of shared bank account! :) I look forward to hanging out a little more then we did in MO.

ObfusK8 said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to both of you :) And I love the ring - it's pretty and very unique!!!

Chrissy said...

Didn't want to be obvious and look at the finger when you announced the news..since it's not about the ring that matters as we discussed, but WHOA nelly! What a LOOKER that ring is! :-)