Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's official .... I AM a girl

I have prided myself - for many years - on the fact that I'm not a typical girl.

I'm the chic who had tons of guy friends in college, could chug a beer faster than a frat boy, do shots all night long, lift and move heavy objects, drive large trucks and stick shifts, and not care a bit about fashion. I didn't even realize that toenails should be painted or eyebrows plucked until my mid-20s, and it's only been in the last year that I learned what a brazilian wax is. JCR and others will attest to the fact that Jenn is not a girly-girl, though I think I have softened a lot around the edges the last few years.

Last night, I knew that my days of "I'm not your typical chic" were over when without regret or embarrassment I bought copies of Modern Bride and the Bridal Guide.

It's pitiful ... I am a girl after all

2 comments:

JCR said...

Your inner girly-girl is just dying to get out. I'm so excited that you got bridal mags!! That made my whole day. You laugh (and mock) when I tell you I was overwhelmed with napkin colors. But it's in you. I know it.

Chrissy said...

Hilarious! I, too, am so glad to see you embracing the details Jenn! What a gorgeous day it will be no matter what! And almost everyone I've ever known, even the non-marrying type have perused the Modern Bride. :-) Good for you!