Monday, July 30, 2007

One more week in Colorado :(

I can't believe how quickly the last 12 weeks have gone! I'm already down to the last week of my contract and I'll soon be saying goodbye to Denver and the University of Colorado Hospital. It's going to be a bittersweet goodbye because Denver has always been a home to me. I lived here for 3 & 1/2 years in my late 20s, and every time I come back I immediately fall in love again with the mountains, the people, and the weather. I also have many wonderful friends here that I love spending time with! I'm already regretting that I've been so busy this summer that I haven't been able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. It's also going to be tough to leave because the University of CO Hospital has been BY FAR my favorite place to work since I've been a nurse. The staff are incredibly friendly, the care given is excellent, and the doctors give the nurses a great deal of autonomy and trust. Probably my only complaint would be my lack of Spanish which has really been a liability at times when trying to talk with the families of my patients. So even though I have wonderful things ahead of me, it's going to be sad to leave Colorado behind and know that this will be the last time I live here.

As for the "wonderful things" ahead of me, as most of you probably guessed - I'm returning to Little Rock. I secured another contract with Arkansas Children's Hospital and will *hopefully* start on Aug 13th if the Board of Nursing ever issues me a permanent license. Since BJ and I are planning to get married in the near future, we are going to go ahead and move in together. That means that I will be releasing my belongings from their storage prison in Columbia, MO and finally have a permanent address. It may be crazy, but I am most looking forward to having my complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD collection back in my hands, I'm just hoping they've been safe the past year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider the DVD collection to be an added bonus! ;) When is our first marathon viewing session?

JCR said...

Stop, you're making me jealous. Just promise to think of me when you guys watch "Once More, With Feeling."

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Woah. You and Mr. Jones really are meant for each other. Can't wait to meet you face to face once you are back in LR.