Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hi I'm Jenn and I lost my motivation.

So it's been 10 day since my last post and by writing this I feel like I'm going to a 12 step meeting and admitting my addiction. Truth is I have been completely, totally unmotivated the past week and a half and I've basically done nothing. I realize that there's no point in beating myself up, and it's just best to get back on track. Today I met with my trainer for an awesome strength workout that really got me energized! She definitely has a way of making me do things I know that I would never do on my own - can you say push ups? crunches? leg scissors?

Afterwards I met up with some friends and their children for swimming in our rec center's fun grotto area. It's actually quite a workout to swim with children which I noticed as I took turns holding various non-swimming tykes who wanted to experience the lazy river and the vortex a.k.a. toilet bowl. I wish I had pictures to post because it's really the coolest indoor swimming area I've ever seen, they use it a lot for student recruitment when they're touring teens through the University.

One other thing I did today was buy a heartrate monitor. A lot of the training plans I've seen and books I've read utilize heart rate zones so I thought I better get on the bus. I purchased a Polar model online that's not the cheapest but not super expensive either. I figured there's no point in going all out until I see how well I actually utilize the technology. If nothing else, I suppose I'll see how ridiculously high my heart rate spikes when I'm running.

So tomorrow - or more accurately later today (night shift person, 3 a.m. is midday for me!) I plan on keeping up the motivation. Plans are a run today and an easy ride on the stationary bike at the rec. I'll let you know how I do!

No comments: