Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Starting to Swim

Today was my first foray into the pool, and it actually went pretty well. I took a private swim lesson and found that my long-ago swim training at Girl Scout camp camp back quickly. I was able to do a decent freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke by the end of my lesson, now I just need lots and lots of practice! After my swim, I did some free weights with my trainer then a short 20 minute run. I felt absolutely fantastic when it was all said and done. I need to hold onto that feeling for those times I'm lounging on the couch and unable to find the motivation to get out. Also, I'm now needing to purchase some swim equipment - mainly some goggles, a cap and a couple of non-fashion swim suits for my laps. Though I'm sure there are more expensive sports to get into, I am finding that as I get into this, there are more and more things that I have to have ... well maybe I don't "have" to have them but I want them :)

No comments: