Sunday, March 05, 2006

Paid my entry - now I HAVE to do it!


Well I signed up and paid for my Danskin registration, and since $75 is a lot to a poor starving nurse, I guess now I really have to train for and do this thing!! It's pretty exciting and I can't wait to be one of those finishers who receives her medal with pride! However, it also makes the whole thing seem real now .... maybe too real, and a little scary. I also registered for a beginner triathlon clinic for women that's being put on by Ultramax events in early April. Hopefully it will help me feel a bit more confident learning more about the process and getting some tips. I'm at the point where I just need all of the input that I can get. On a training note, I had a great run today and I will begin week 5 of my running program tomorrow. I'm also going to get in the pool for the first time no matter how many excuses I make! Let' s be honest, I don't have high aspirations that I'll be fabulous at it since I haven't swam a lap in my life. (I grew up in the country, paddling around a pond - we didn't have a swim team where I lived!) But hey, a girl's gotta start somewhere.

No comments: