Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Motivation Troubles

At my core, I am a lazy person. My idea of a perfect day off is sleeping in, getting up and making my coffee, then watching TV on the couch for hours in my jammies. I wonder if I was super active in a past life which is why I am so compelled to lounge in my current existence. So here lies the problem, how does one train for a triathlon when getting off the couch can be such a momentous task?

When I work out I feel fabulous and strong. When I visualize the achievement of finishing a race, I am energized and I suddenly realize that all things are possible.
I need to figure out how to tap into those feelings and let them guide me on days like today - days when I could have accomplished all sorts of things. But what did I do?? Well I got off work at 7:30 a.m. (remember, crazy night shift nurse) was home and asleep by 8:30. I woke up around 1 p.m. thinking I would head to the rec center, enjoy the unseasonable warmth of the day, take the dogs for a walk. Instead it's now 7 at night, I'm still on the couch, watching TV, typing on the computer.

Of course the rec is open til midnight, who says I can't head out and get in a run before it closes?? We'll see.

No comments: