Wednesday, April 04, 2007

An interesting trip to the massage therapist

Today I visited a massage therapist that was recommended by the Hot Legs. Not only have I been having this IT band/knee issue, but I've also developed the worse case of stiff neck in the past week. I had been warned that he had some unorthodox theories and also that he was intuitive and could just sense things. Let me tell you, it was a bizarre experience!!

After I showed up, he had me take my shoes off and just stand in a corner so he could see me. He immediately picked up on the problem with my right hip, made a comment almost under his breath about "troubles of the heart" and then proceeded to indicate that I had a problem with my head and neck that could be leading to migraines and problems with my neck. It was totally freaky!! Later on I asked him about how he could see that I had had romantic difficulties, and he basically indicated anyone could see it if they just looked and then later made a comment about men being "pricks." - ( I loved this guy!) He also made a comment about how when I run, I'm not gazelle like and I mostly "clomp along" which is so true - how I wish I had grace! Later on in the course of the treatment, he made a comment about how bad it must have hurt my left wrist when I fell and caught myself .... which is exactly what happened while hiking in Colorado 7 years ago. I mean seriously, this guy was like a massage psychic!!

After two hours, he had put everything back in place as best he could and I was more relaxed than I've been in a while. I can't wait to go running tomorrow and see how I feel! Also, earlier this week I visited the Sporty Runner up in Conway and got new shoes. I was wearing Asics but after trying on several pairs, I ended up in a pair of Saucony. I ran 4 miles in them yesterday and felt pretty good, so now with the new shoes, and the newly adjusted muscles - we'll see how it goes!

No comments: