Saturday, April 21, 2007

Visit to Garvan Woodland Gardens

Today was a fun afternoon! A friend was off work for the afternoon, I didn't work until 7 p.m., it was 75 degrees and sunny outside - so it seemed like the perfect day for a road trip. We ended up heading to Hot Springs and visiting Garvan Gardens which is nestled along Lake Hamilton. The grounds are very well maintained with walking paths throughout which are either paved or nicely mulched. I'm pretty sure we were the only non-senior citizens visiting at the time as various groups of grey-haired sorts were either walking or taking the golf cart tour of the gardens. We even saw a small wedding that was taking place ... I'm guessing if they're getting married on a Friday afternoon that there's not going to be a raucous kegger for a reception.

After the Gardens, we headed back to Little Rock for some ColdStone Creamery. Ice cream is one of those things that I don't crave often, but every now and then it really hits the spot!! Now I'm at work and practically pinching myself to stay awake. I've had the hardest time sleeping during the days since I've started traveling and it's made the night shift more difficult to maintain. I used to be able to lay my head down any time of day and fall asleep, and now even if I do fall asleep - I'm lucky to stay that way.

This week has also been crap for training. I had a nice bike ride that I mentioned in my last post, but since then ... I just had a horribly slow run. After I get off work I'm heading to the Park to run with the Hot Legs - perhaps I can redeem myself.


1 comment:

JCR said...

Your hair is so long! It looks so pretty.