Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Someone else in the family *really* got the running genes!!


I've mentioned my cousin Travis before in my blog - he's a few years younger than me and he started out doing tris and then got into ultrarunning a year ago. We raced together at my first sprint distance tri (he finished long before me), my first half marathon (he did the full), and the road bike I currently ride used to be his.

Anyway, he did his first 50 - yes FIFTY - mile race this past weekend. Not only was it 50 miles, but it was 50 miles on trails that had been rained on for most of the week. It's such an amazing accomplishment I almost can't wrap my head around it. You've gotta check out his race report here ..... WAY TO GO TRAV!!!

So now I'm thinking, perhaps the ability to be an endurance athlete runs in the Drake genes and maybe I just haven't tapped into my potential yet????? :)

Oh and since I mentioned the road bike I bought from Trav, I actually rode it outside yesterday for the first time since July!!!! It was on a paved trail well away from traffic so I didn't have to be scared, and honestly I forgot how much I enjoy the feeling of freedom on a bike. I'm clearly out of biking shape but I guess this officially marks the start of tri training 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go for it sister!!! you inspired me to join a gym and lose my baby fat. it looks much better on sophia than it does on me! my goal is more about fitting into pants than races though!