Monday, April 16, 2007

The past week: A recap

I'm starting to be a delinquent blogger again ... bad Jenn! Bad! ... and I realized that I haven't posted in the last week. So here's a quick recap:

Running: I'm still feeling great! Ran about 15 miles this week, including a few miles of technical single track in my new Brooks Cascadia trail runners! I forgot how much I love to run on trails, and it was muddy, wet and raining which for me is a perfect time to commune with the outdoors. I found a half marathon in Denver in early June so this week I'm going to start my training plan and rebuild my mileage - hopefully without any IT troubles :)

Move: I have my apartment all lined up for my assignment in Denver. I'm actually going to be across the street from my old office at the CO Dept of Health which means I can do lunch with some of my friends/old co-workers. The best part is that it's right next to the Cherry Creek Trail which is a paved path that goes from Confluence Park in downtown Denver out to the Cherry Creek Reservoir. It will be an excellent jumping off point for biking and running!! From friend Dee has promised (or threatened) that I will be included in their Sunday bike rides and will be quickly whipped into shape!

Social stuff: This past week I went to an interesting lecture at the Clinton School with my friend Erin. The speaker was an Anglican bishop who is from Rwanda and was there during the genocide. It was a very powerful discussion which definitely puts my pea-brained problems in perspective.

I also saw the movie Reign Over Me which was actually pretty good. Who knew that Adam Sandler could do serious acting?? Maybe he's our generation's Robin Williams.

There has also been a date or two over the course of the week (remember I'm going to be coy about it), and let's just say that things are progressing nicely in that area.

No comments: