Monday, March 19, 2007

A good Monday!!

Today was a good day!

I did an 8 mile run and though I was pretty slow (13:30 miles) I really felt good the whole way. I wasn't struggling or thinking "please God let it be over" and for me that's a major accomplishment when I'm getting up to this kindof distance. It was an enjoyable run along the River Trail which is alongside the Arkansas River and it was slightly overcast with a mild breeze, absolutely perfect running conditions! I'm training with a run/walk ratio of 8 minutes/2 minutes and it seems to be working well. My plan is to stick with this ratio and use it during my race.

The other thing that makes this a great day - and don't laugh - is the new season of Dancing With the Stars!! There's nothing more infectious than B and C -list celebrities trying to rhumba and tango with ballroom professionals. It's probably my favorite reality show of all time and I can't wait to see the premiere. There's even an amputee with a fake leg this season ... I mean seriously can it get any better than that?????

No comments: