Thursday, March 29, 2007

Where do we go from here?

This has been a bad week for me, there's no point in candy coating it. I don't think I've cried like this - well actually cried much at all- since my grandpa died because cool, independent chics are above all that. As my friend Kim said, "see, now you're just like the rest of us."

I do have to give a quick shout out to the Hot Legs who have been so supportive of me! I always have my fabulous girl friends around the country who are just a call away, but it's so nice to have people locally who can be there when you just need to talk or go for a run as a diversion. I've also been touched by how both of B#1's sisters have made a point to reach out and make sure I know that we are friends regardless of whether I'm dating their brother.

On top of the previously mentioned issues, I'm also at a point where I'm having to decide where to go next. I have 5 weeks left on my contract and they currently aren't renewing any of their travelers. I've really started to dig Little Rock and I feel like I'm building good connections here, but I crunched some numbers and I just can't afford to go staff yet.
In the midst of all my personal chaos, the hospital I previously vacated in Denver needed a traveler. The nurse manager there very enthusiastically wants me to come back for the summer and apologized again for how my contract was terminated. So it will be Denver until the first week of August and after that I'm really hoping that something opens up here and I can come back to Little Rock and resume my training with the Hot Legs.

In any case, I'm thinking that summer training at altitude will do me some good. Not to mention, JCR and I can have a ton of fun going to shows at the Performing Arts Center and shopping for her baby who just arrived today!! I gotta give much love to her ... you know that you have a fabulous girlfriend when you get a text message that says "Hope u r ok today. He is an ass, and u r fabulous. BTW, I'm in labor, almost time 2 push"

Again I have to be thankful that when my life starts to suck - and come to think of it, it's sucked a LOT in 2007 - I have wonderful people in my life. Hugs to all of you :)

No comments: