Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Procrastination and Thigh Jiggle

I admit it!
I'm lazy. I don't naturally want to work out. I am a professional at wasting time.
I'm not proud of who I am - but it is who I am.

So yesterday there was a 4.5 mile run listed on my training plan ... you know the half marathon training plan that I was committed to following faithfully. Anyway, I thought about running in the morning, but it just seemed too early so instead I went shopping with the thought of running in the afternoon. Well by the afternoon I was tired from my shopping so a nap seemed like a good idea, so I'll just run early in the evening after my nap. Well then American Idol was going to be on (can't miss that) and I didn't want to get sweaty so late in the evening so we'll just run tomorrow. You see how easily I procrastinate?? I could seriously make a career out of it!

Today I wake up to a rainy morning - not that I'm afraid of rain per se, but I am pretty clumsy and me and wet pavement are not a good mix. So instead I head to the apartment complex "dread"mill with my iPod and the latest episode of the BuffCast. I haven't done much running on treadmills and after 1/2 mile I had killer shin splints going on so I had to bag that. My best compromise was to spend some time working up a sweat on the elliptical trainer.

So there I am happily working out, listening to Randy and Wayne discuss the finer points of Buffy Season 3, when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirrors along the side wall. There beneath my adorable electric blue workout skirt .... some definite thigh jiggle!!! I'm sure it's ALWAYS been there, but on the road I can't see it - so in my mind it DOESN'T EXIST. For the remainder of my workout, I kept glancing at my thigh jiggle getting more and more distressed. Do I just ignore it?? Do I wear workout clothes that cover it up?? Do I try to isolate that area and work it out?? Is it really a sin to get liposuction??

In the end, if I had just run yesterday like it was planned - none of this would have happened and I could have remained blissfully ignorant of what's going on beneath my skirt.

No comments: