Friday, March 02, 2007

The gang's all here for marathon madness!!!!

It looks like I'll have plenty of company on my marathon quest in Chicago and I'm TOTALLY psyched!! My buddy Kevin was the one that got the ball rolling by telling me that he and his wife were both registered and inviting me to join in (it will be both of their first marathons). So after I joined up, I sent a harassing email to our mutual buddy Rob threatening him with a light saber duel if he didn't sign up. Rob ran Chicago sometime in the late 90s so he can be the voice of wisdom on the quest, or at the very least I can count on him to giggle at even the most desperate of circumstances. Not to mention he's a damn good chiropractor and would be helpful to have around in the event of injury .... and come to think of it, his wife is an M.D. so she could prescribe drugs (legal ones - stop thinking like that!!) So Chicago will soon be another reunion of the coolest trio from Sacred Heart Griffin's Class of '91, but likely not as fun as our beer filled golf outing a few months ago.

I also just found out that B#1's sister is going to run it as her first marathon so now I'll have someone to share the joy with (or more likely agony) of long, never-ending runs in the humid late summer of Arkansas. Though I still think this is a completely crazy undertaking, at least I'll have some good company!

No comments: