Thursday, August 27, 2009

Free Panties!!

With a title like that, I'm sure to get some unsavory hits on my blog!

I truly have an issue with free panties and it drives my husband crazy. My problem is that I get these coupons in the mail from Victoria's Secret for a free panty and don't use them.

What?
You don't get these coupons?

Well if you want free panties, just get a Victoria's Secret credit card and I guarantee you'll get a coupon about every three months. It's basically a "come-hither! No purchase required but you KNOW you'll want all kinds of things once you start digging for free $6 underwear." 

I've had at least four in the past year that have remained unused until they are finally thrown in the trash. My most recent one expired last Monday.  I even had Bryan set an alarm on my Blackberry reminding me to go and get that damn panty, and still I failed.

I just can't bring myself to go to the Mall and subject myself to the experience of Victoria's Secret.  First of all, I'm pretty sure that my free panty is going to be a size (or more) bigger than I used to wear. No one tells you that having a baby not only destroys your stomach, but you gain some pounds in the hips and butt too. Then there's the torture of looking at all the cute matching bra and panty sets, you know the kind that would look adorable under a nicely fitted pair of jeans with heels. All remnants of the way I might have dressed pre-Gremlin.

I keep telling myself, "once I lose weight" or "when I get back down to my old size," I'll get my free panties.  I currently have a coupon that expires the first week of September AND I just got a $10 off any purchase coupon to use as well (that's an annual one that comes around your birthday).  The reality is that I won't lose 20 pounds or a clothing size in the next week.

Do I give in? Should I just suck it up and admit to my current size??

Damn You Victoria's Secret!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to the mall, so you can stop wearing my boxers. :)

Merc said...

If you don't need panties, ignore the damn coupons. I do. Definitely throw out the 10% off coupon. I don't even have the credit card and I get at least one of those offers a year.