Sunday, August 23, 2009

Snaps

I've never hidden the fact that I was .... correction, am a sorority girl and am proud of it. Despite some of the over-the-top antics of Elle Woods and her Delta Nu sisters, I must admit that we did give "snaps" in my chapter. I like to think of it as the sorority form of applause. Not to mention, it's much easier on the hands than clapping incessantly.

In endeavoring to be more positive as opposed to the constant bitching and making excuses, I thought I would start to give myself snaps. I'm hoping that every week I can find at least one thing to congratulate myself for, even if I REALLY have to dig.

For this week, I'm going to give myself snaps for taking the Gremlin out in the jogging stroller on Wednesday. As usual, I had suboptimal sleep the night before, and it took several doses of caffeinated java goodness to feel alive. I knew I needed to get a workout in, but I kept putting it off all morning. FINALLY, after Gremlin woke from his morning nap, I made it out of the house and did the recommended 32 minute walk/run. Luckily there was a slight breeze and it was mostly cloudy so it wasn't too hot for the baby to be out (nearing noon in Arkansas in August is generally a steamy prospect). I felt so good when I finished and I was so proud of getting my arse off the couch.

Snaps for Jenn!!!

No comments: