Saturday, August 01, 2009

Status Update

Hmmm .... let's check in and see how Jenn has done the past two weeks.

I have to say that I'm actually pretty proud of myself! Now I haven't been perfect, but based on what I was doing before (i.e. nothing) I think I've made some real progress!

1. Boot Camp: I made boot camp twice the first week and twice this week. My goal was to go three times each week, but I had some sleep issues - more specifically NO sleep due to teething Gremlin. As much as I want to work out, when I've been up since midnight with a screaming baby, it's hard to be motivated to go work out at 5:30 a.m. I have a boot camp DVD now, so this week when I missed on Wednesday, I did 40 minutes of my DVD instead. I've really been enjoying the class and have definitely felt the soreness in my abs, legs and arms. Hopefully this next week I'll make all three days!

2. Half-Marathon training: So far I've only missed one scheduled day of training which is a miracle for me. Even when I was training hard-core in the past, I always missed a session here or there. I've been mainly training with the Gremlin in the jogging stroller out of necessity but I'm hoping that the extra work of pushing him will make me even stronger. This week I had rain two days and I even went out in the rain, thank goodness for the weather shield for my BOB! Gremlin really enjoys riding and it's definitely been good for my sanity to get out of the house and breathe the fresh air. I haven't started wearing my heart rate monitor yet because I know my HR is still going to be ridiculously high. Hopefully after a few weeks of routine cardio, I'll be better conditioned.

3. Nutrition: This has actually been one of the best areas for me. I have been very mindful about what I'm eating and avoiding the fried food and junk food that I have come to love over the past few months. I'm definitely making better choices, drinking more water, and watching my portions. I think that if I can keep this up while continuing to exercise, I'll be fitting back into my skinnier jeans soon. :)

It's definitely a work in progress but if I can keep it up, I'll be back into the habit of a healthy lifestyle. Woo Hoo for me!!

No comments: