Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time For a New Start!

I know there are a few of you out there who followed my blog back when I was more active on posting. I appreciate you for sticking around through the dryspell and keeping me on your RSS readers or bookmarks.

I've been having a hard time figuring out what to do with this blog and determining what my point of view is these days. It seems that so much of my life is now filled with figuring out how to be a Mom and trying to balance the competing demands of family, work and sleep. I originally used this blog as a way to chronicle my journey from overweight, out-of-shape, bitcher and moaner to newbie triathlete. Along the way, I sprinkled bits of my personal life and observations of the world. The athletic endeavours were still important, but took a backseat to all of the massive changes that happened from the time I first left my comfortable life in Fall 2006 to become a travel nurse.
Recently, I realized that I'm having such a hard time finding my voice again, because I really don't know who Jenn is these days. I'm worlds apart from the person who started this blog and I think therein lies the problem.
Along the way, I've lost part of me.

I'm sure it's buried in there somewhere ... locked beneath hours of lost sleep, layers of pregnancy induced fat, and a generous helping of negativity.

When I was struggling for a name for the blog (obviously The Verbose and Curious Travels of Nurse Jenn are no longer relevant) I started looking to music. Suddenly a U2 song, "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of," came to me that really seemed to sum up how I felt about myself. I don't think it's so much that I've truly lost myself, it's more that I'm just stuck in a rut. I keep putting off doing the things that will make me feel better like working out, losing some weight and getting out of the house when in the end, nothing is stopping me but myself. The more I thought about the lyrics, the more relevant they became.

So now, from this day forward, I will endeavour to reclaim the old Jenn! I'm pretty sure that I can be a wife and Mom while still being the sassy, spunky, in-shape, opinionated chic that I used to be.

"It's just a moment. This time will pass."

1 comment:

Merc said...

This looks sweet. I like it. Now I'll have to go listen to the song.