Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekly Goals

I can't measure my success (or lack thereof) for the week without setting some goals. In the past, I think I made too many goals, or maybe not too many, but too lofty?? In any case, since we're starting at nearly the beginning, I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping my expectations low.

Besides, if I make my goals I'll feel good about myself, and if I feel good about myself then I'll be likely to make even more goals. So if I keep my goals easy to start with, I'm more likely to be a happy Jenn. Sure it's slightly circuitous logic, but it's my logic and it works for me.

Hmmm, let's see. My half-marathon training plan calls for three runs a week.  So far I've not made more than two....

GOAL #1: DO all three runs on my training plan this week.

I have a shiny red bike that Bryan took earlier this summer for a fancy tune-up.  It cost a LOT to get all of the work done and I've only ridden it once. I also have a fluid trainer and my darling husband even bought a portable fan so that I could use the trainer and not get too hot (how sweet!).

GOAL #2: Ride my bike ONCE.
Indoors, outdoors, upside down - just ride it.

I'm not gonna make a Goal #3 because then we start getting into the realm of having too many goals and I really want to have one week where I can look back and say that I accomplished all that I planned to accomplish.

Achievement through setting the bar low, it's the new American way.

1 comment:

allison said...

you are hilarious. you admit to things on your blog that I just won't! :-)