Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekly Goals

My training week starts on Monday, so time to make those goals again!!

GOAL #1: DO all three runs on my training plan this week.
I have two 40 minute runs on the plan during the week. One at a 3 minute walk, 1 minute run ratio (3:1) and the second at a 3minute walk, 2 minute run ratio (3:2).  I haven't done anything longer than a 1 minute run up to this point so it will be interesting.  I should also mention that the weekday runs are exclusively Gremlin runs pushing the Bob jogging stroller. I like to think that this will make me even stronger for having the extra resistance!

My long workout is 6 miles at a 3:1 walk/run ratio. This is gonna be tough! So far my longest run was a 4 miler at a (4:1) so I'm not only going farther, but have less rest time on my walks. I'm trying not to psyche myself out - I know I can do it.

GOAL #2: Ride my bike TWICE.
Even though my butt is sore, I did enjoy getting out on the bike. This week I want to try to ride twice. I'll definitely do at least one outdoors, and for my second maybe I'll get my fluid trainer set up again?


GOAL #3: Do my bootcamp DVD once
I have a bootcamp DVD that I got a few weeks back that is specifically designed for post-partum fitness (with a baby almost 11 months old, can I still call myself "post-partum"???). The chic's voice on it is a little irritating - she's one of those very enthusiastic trainers-  but it has a lot of the components of the boot camp that I flunked out of.


I'm not going to set a goal with this one, but I am planning on doing the Clear Mountain 5K this weekend. I haven't raced since March, mainly because we've been trying to conserve funds as it does get pricey doing lots of local races.  This is a part of the Arkansas RRCA Grand Prix which Bryan and I both registered for earlier in the year and the race is only $15 each which is pretty cheap. I'll be slow because, well I'm pretty slow these days, but I'll also be pushing the Gremlin.  Jogging strollers technically aren't allowed at any road races, but these smaller ones always have a few folks pushing and no one makes a stink about it as long as you line up at the back and don't get in anyone's way. I'm telling myself that despite how slow I'll be, it will still be a PR - a stroller PR :)

No comments: