Thursday, October 11, 2007

Be it ever so humble there's no place like home ...


I've heard that buying a home can be a stressful process full of emotion and angst, causing sleepless nights (or at the very least sex-less nights amongst fighting spouses) and tearing apart families. Well, I guess we'll just have to save the angst for the packing, moving and "so where should we put the wagon wheel coffee table??" debates because WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!

Or more specifically we offered, they countered (with exactly the deal we were expecting all along) and we agreed. Of course there's always the possibility of our home inspection uncovering a meth lab, smuggling operation for illegal immigrants, tiny gnomes in the rafters etc, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's exactly the kind of suburban paradise I was wanting in a first home .... a 2 car garage, 3 bedrooms, a kitchen that looks like it was built AFTER I was born, and a nice fenced yard for all of the four legged children to enjoy. It'll add a good 15 minutes to my drive to work, but in the grand scheme of things I would much rather have that than the 1950s era homes we could afford in the city that made me want to cry when we toured them.

So yeah to me and BJ - future homeowners!!! :)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulations!!!! Nothing like buying your first house.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Woo hooie!

And really, would tiny gnomes in the rafters be a deal breaker? They might be entertaining.

JCR said...

OMG! How exciting! You have trees...I'm so jealous you have such nice trees. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear how everything goes.

ObfusK8 said...

Congrats! It's such a cute house! Having a newer kitchen is a great plus - but having an older kitchen can be a great excuse for a remodel now that Tom has a job :)