Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A girl's gotta bounce

This past weekend BJ and I were invited to a 2nd birthday party for one of his good friend's son. Now BJ is quite a fan of this little dude, but in all honesty we weren't thinking that it would be a swell time for us given that we're pretty much the only ones in the crowd without munchkins of our own. I assured him that we could show up, give our present and sneak out early if we were bored to tears and his friends would not take offense. When explaining this train of thought to another couple who were going (with their munchkin of course) we were told, "oh no, you'll love it! That place is fun!" Apparently the party was being held at one of those playland sorts of places with inflatable bouncy things - we were told most explicitly to wear socks or we wouldn't be allowed to play (seems a bit Fascist to me, especially considering the types of filth children carry about on their hands, but whatever)

Despite being still a bit skeptical about the fun factor, we put on our socks - I made sure BJ's had no holes, and I picked out a cute hot pink argyle pair from my dresser to go with my "Red Hair Gives Me Super Powers" tshirt. We arrived fashionably late at Party Central and that's where the fun began!!

We immediately started bouncing in one of the bounce chambers and it was a good one!! With all of the adults in there, I was getting some good air.























You can't see me well in this video since I'm in the back corner ... and falling down but we (me, BJ and two of BJ's friends) are totally doing the YMCA as we jump.


There was also a cool slide that you had to climb up .... whee!!
and since when do BJ and I stand around and talk in a super hero stance??? Seriously, what's up with the Superman poses?? (though my pose is a bit more slouchey)

and the most tiring part was the obstacle course. You climbed through tunnels, over small walls, between moving posts and then had to haul yourself up a wall to go down the last slide. This is me hanging "precariously" ... I think I was yelling "Save me, save me!" and BJ was trying desperately to save me from falling off the cliff (seriously, we have some good imaginations!)

By the end of it, we were thoroughly exhausted, and the next day my arms and abs were sore. I'm guessing from pulling myself up things and stabilizing myself whilst bouncing.

I don't know what the birthday boy (pictured here) thought of the whole thing, but we had a blast!!

3 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Now that does look like a good time!! Sometimes it goods to just be a kid again.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those places!!! I swear I would lose 30 lbs easy if they made a bouncy gym!!

JCR said...

Oh yes, those places are so fun for adults! Even though last time we went both kids got the flu. But they're definitely fun when it's not cold and flu season. :)