Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday's Trip Down Memory Lane


I missed last week and almost missed this week because let's be honest, if I forget to blog my "regular feature" then it's not very regular is it??

This week's trip involves sports since I am being forced into .... ahem happily going to a Razorback football game this weekend. Despite my recent adult onset athleticism regarding running and triathlon, I've never really cared for sports and as a child I participated in the requisite team sports because it was a small town and everybody did. Of course I wasn't particularly good at anything and I spent more than my share of time on the bench, but there was ONE time where I shined!!

When my Dad built our second machine shed one half of it was paved and a regulation basketball goal was installed for my older brother who played. We have a free throw mark and everything. I decided to start shooting free throws (it was the country, there wasn't much to do) so I would spend several hours in there lobbing up balls granny style through the legs since I didn't have the arm strength to shoot "normal" style. This trophy was when I won first place in my age group (and yes that included boys as well) at a local free throw contest. I don't remember how old I was ... 10 or so??? But I was quite proud of my trophy. Of course by the next year I had long since moved on to some other obsession as is common with my short attention span, so it was the last free throw contest I ever participated in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so proud!!! Still am.

Anonymous said...

You are soooooo cute with that trophy!