Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Give the Mirror Ball to the REAL Dancers!





I'm a Dancing freak!! That's all there is to say about it!
I've been watching Dancing with the Stars since the middle of the first season and it's been amazing to see how much the celebrities have raised the bar. This season has been fantastic and has brought out a great deal of passion in this television watcher. While screaming at the TV one night I finally understood BJ's devotion to Razorback football, especially as I painfully yell and boo when craptastic celebrities get voted on past far superior dancers.

Now I'm dealing with a finale of two amazing celebrity dancers and one completely pathetic camera hog who really can't dance. If you're a fan of Marie Osmond and her pitiful attempts at dancing, I'm really sorry ... nah, I'm not 'cuz she SUCKS!! Now I'll admit that she's far better than some of the finalists in say season one or two, but compared to the talent this season??? She's a has been. Despite the fact that I *may* have once owned a Donnie and Marie doll set in the mid 70s and a Donnie and Marie soundstage, I do NOT appreciate her presence in the finals. Sidenote: as I recall the Donnie doll had an M-80 shoved down his gullet during a particularly exciting fireworks war at the farm when we dredged toys from the attic during one particularly awesome Fourth of July brought to us by my bachelor uncles and their truckload of illegal fireworks. I believe that was also the day that we built Lincoln Log forts and took turns shelling them with roman candles and various incendiary devices. I think I was about 8 or 9 at the time .... ahhh memories of childhood that are NOT supported by the Consumer Product Safety Commission ... but I digress. If Marie Osmond wins tonight - honestly I can't even think about it because it makes me sick, literally SICK.

On the bright side, I have LOVED Helio and Julianne from the first week, and Mel and Maks quickly grew on me as well. They have been my two favorites so I'm psyched to see them in the finals and if there is any justice in the world, one of them will proudly hoist the mirror ball trophy tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! We too are a loyal DWTS fans. You should see both of the girls danvcing around the house on Monday and Tuesday nights. I am also VERY disappointed to see Marie Osmond in the finals. She has had some of the lowest scores every week and last night that doll was horrible (that was the most family friendly word I could think of)!!!!!