Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday's Trip Down Memory Lane


In keeping with the theme of Dancing week - here is a shot of your very own hot, hip, dancing blogger!!

In my hometown, all of the cool girls went to Marge and Becky's Dance Studio for the main purpose of learning tumbling. Well I couldn't tumble worth a sh*t, I think I was finally doing back bends around the time that the rest of my age group were mastering back flips. Of course I blame my parents, their genetic legacy produced a highly inflexible child, a point noted by my personal trainer when she tried to test my flexibility and I didn't even register on the little bend over this way and move this little thingee test. Anyway, though I couldn't tumble, I was one hell of a jazz dancer!! The majority of the class hour was devoted to tumbling with the last 15 minutes or so of dance. I really took to it and in retrospect I wish there had been some way to nurture that, but in a town of 750, there aren't a lot of options.

This recital was when I was 9 and the theme was country and western. We did a rousing tumbling routine to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and then a jazz dance to some other tune I can't recall. This was my last year of training at Marge and Becky's as I started to become embarrassed at my lack of talent in tumbling and moved on to other things I sucked at, like soccer.

3 comments:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

You are a brave woman to post that pic. However you did grow up to be a very pretty lady.

JCR said...

Love it! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I NEVER learned how to do a cartwheel! Oh the agony of tumbling in P.E.!