Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Home Update

It's been a busy week hence the lack of blogging. I suppose it's time for an update as I await the plumber's arrival. Plumber you say?? Yes, apparently we do actually have some sort of a water leak in the wall behind the stove. After seeing the lovely puddle return under the cabinets yesterday we realized that this was no isolated incident. Luckily we have this wonderful thing called a "home warranty" so we'll owe the plumber $45 once he arrives and the warranty will cover up to $1000 of plumbing repairs (please oh please don't be any more!). I'm guessing that there will be a nice hole cut in the wall but they can do it from the other side of the kitchen which is the laundry room! And I could care less is I have unfinished drywall in there.

So other than the unplanned leak, the move has gone rather smoothly. Of course we didn't have everything packed, but a good 90% of it. I think I'll have one more load of miscellaneous crap to put in my car and then we can close the chapter on "M" Street. It took the movers 5 hours to do the task and regardless of how much it cost it was WORTH EVERY PENNY! The only thing I noticed was a ding out of the corner of one of my bedroom dresser drawers, but I'm sure the damage would have been worse, not just physically but to my own psyche if we had attempted to move ourselves.

There are of course things I'll be looking forward to upgrading in the new house - the late 1970s era bathrooms will one day have to go - but overall it's wonderful! It'll be days before we have things unpacked, but I can already see it falling into place. We went to Lowe's last night and picked up new deadbolts and a cool looking front doorknob, as well as a keypad entry for the front door. I'm beginning to love my little trips there, even if they all do seem to cost an arm and a leg.

Did I mention that Momma K (my Mom) is visiting this weekend? It will be her first trip to Little Rock and the first extended time she gets to spend with BJ. I'm thinking that we'll all have a blast!!

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

So how is "arranging" the house coming? Are you driving BJ nuts or is it the other way around? LOL