Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I feel pretty! Oh so pretty!

You know how sometimes I'm a vain blogger talking only about me, me, me?? ... though in retrospect isn't what most bloggers do? Write about their lives and their interests as a way to avoid irritating all of their friends and co-workers with banter that they don't care about?? It gives you an outlet to brag and expound and people only have to read it if they're interested.

With that in mind, I'm not going to feel guilty at all about this post ... Look at us, aren't we pretty?!?!? :)

We just got our pictures from our engagement photo shoot and I am SO HAPPY with how they turned out! Since this is my first (and last) engagement, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I've seen some that were clearly done in the Sears Portrait studio and have that stiff, formal look which is totally NOT me - or us for that matter.

We were very blessed that BJ has a good friend who is a full-time junior high teacher and part-time fabulous photographer! She was kind enough to offer to shoot these as a wedding gift and when asking us what we wanted, we just knew that we wanted it outdoors with Fall colors around.

She suggested the train cars which are down by the Arkansas River at the Big Dam Bridge, a place we are very familiar with since we run the trail there frequently.

It was very surreal looking at these pictures because I normally hate the way I look, especially on film. A few weeks back I posted a snapshot that I hated so much, it spurred me on to a weight loss and fitness transformation. When I saw these, all I could think was, "Wow, those make me look like I'm really hot!" I still don't believe I'm hot, or think it when I look in the mirror - but damn I LOVE these pictures! If you haven't already been bored to tears by all the ones I threw in this post, you can see more here. (broken link has been fixed ... sorry!)

and to not be soooo vain, I think BJ is handsome and adorable and sexy as well!!

A HUGE shout out to Amy Cary of Amy Cary Photography!! She does all types of portraits, engagement, family, children, babies, bridal - is awesome, sweet and very reasonably priced. If you're in the Little Rock metro area and interested, the link to her website is here.

4 comments:

JCR said...

I wish Amy lived out here...these photos are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

You are hot! Do we need to buy a new mirror at home?

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Those are some great photos. I have to second Bryan. You are very attractive.

Travis said...

I can't say that I recommend a life on the rails, but you guys look happy, so I say "to hell with convention!!" If you guys want to live in box cars and carry your belongings in a bandana on a stick, then you should do it. I'll let my hobo friends know there are some new kids on the block.