Friday, December 07, 2007

Lazy Days

I know I missed Thursday's trip down memory lane, but it was towards the end of three shifts in a row, and any nurse can attest to the fact that doing three 12 hours shifts back to back really sucks away your life. It's basically a matter of work, drive and sleep - and when you're on the night shift, it seems even worse. So I'll get it at it next week.

Today I'm in that completely lethargic mode that you have when you FINALLY have a day off. I got home about 7:50 a.m. this morning, hit the couch and then slept for about five hours and am still trying to wake up so that I can go be a productive member of society. I have stamps to buy, Christmas cookies to make, errands to run and all I can think about is curling up in my jammie pants on the couch and vegging out the rest of the day. It's overcast and has been raining outside which doesn't help the matter.

But I will resist the sloth!! I will actually put on real clothes and leave the house. For those not familiar, it has happened that I've been off a full two days and never once put on real clothes - I mean I do change my jammies and sweats - it's not like I'm hillbilly! but two full days can go by without me even leaving the house. That's the kind of exhaustion and anti-sociability that comes from saving lives. Or maybe I'm just a lazy ass?!?!?!

off I go ..

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I hope you made it off the couch.