Friday, December 28, 2007

It's a merry belated Christmas!


Twas the night before Christmas
and in the Arkansas fog
not a creature was stirring,
not even a dog.

The stockings were filled
with plush squeaky toys
that delighted the dogs
and filled rooms with noise.

I needed my coffee
there was no caffeine in sight
Poor Jenn hates the morning
cause she stays up all night.

We opened our presents
stacked under the tree
and examined them all
as we smiled with glee.

Then we piled up the wrappings,
to the trash they did go
and since it's Little Rock Christmas
I sure missed the snow.

The pictures were downloaded
to the desktop with care
and I posted them here
so my blog readers could share!

Yes, I know it's the 28th, but this morning was our family christmas. I worked nights all this week and I just couldn't imagine it being a "Christmas" without getting out of bed in the morning and opening gifts. BJ and I both did quite well with Santa this year which begs the question - how good are his sources for determining naughty and nice? Not to incriminate myself ... I'm just saying.

We all had stockings on the mantle, but all I mean us and the three dogs. For their Christmas breakfast, they each got a special canned dish as opposed to their normal kibble as well as a new toy in their stocking. Each dog took his/her toy and did their typical thing.

Oakley just held his in his mouth for hours
Cleo hoarded her's in her crate
and Tosca killed her's as quickly as possible.
The fur carnage will undoubtably be found in the carpet for days.

Of course the dogs weren't the only ones getting to play, we got some fun things as well. Some of the highlights include my furry dog slippers, BJ's new back massager, clothes for the both of us, candy, and a pretty red Kitchen Aide stand mixer!! (We've already used it to make cookies we were so excited to have it.) To see the rest of my album, click here. When it's all said and done, I feel that I've been very blessed this year by my family - including all the new additions!! - and my friends. It's been a very Merry Christmas indeed.

Happy Holidays to Everyone :)

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Looks like the "kids" had a wonderful Christmas.

I hope you two did also.