Monday, December 17, 2007

Oooo, Pretty Lights!


Is it just me or has Christmas really creeped up on us? I kept feeling like I had TONS of time for shopping and all of a sudden I realize that it's next week - YIKES! Of course I'm working all through the holiday - scheduled for night shifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the night after. In lieu of that, BJ and I are celebrating after my three shifts so that I can actually enjoy it without being bone tired and needing to sleep all day.

This weekend we got in the holiday spirit by traveling down to Hot Springs to see the light display at Garvan Woodland Gardens. It was perfect weather for it, a nice wintry chill but no wind. We have been there before, but it was very cool to walk around and see all of the amazing lights wrapped around the landscape. They even had marshmallow roasting (they're always best if burned in my opinion) and hot chocolate and cider. Afterwards we drove through downtown Hot Springs - the lights there were anticlimactic after Garvan - then headed home and made microwave smores. The roasted marshmallows put a taste in my head that had to be fulfilled! Nothing is better than an almost exploding gooey marshmallow from the microwave ... I swear the irradiation make them even better!!

If you want to see the rest of the light pics, click here

2 comments:

JCR said...

Cool pictures! We're going to the Denver Zoo lights on Thursday, so this put me in the mood. Somehow I think it will be colder here, though. But the lights are worth it.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

You mean its almost Christmas? Holy shit. We leave Sunday. Actually I just licked an ass load of envelopes. I know its Christmas.