Thursday, February 15, 2007

Burned Brownies and Salmonella Tainted Peanut Butter

I'm not feeling too well today - just a sore throat, little cold kindof thing so I thought I would bake some turtle brownies which would make me happy! While I was baking brownies, I also put the tea pot on for hot water. After baking my brownies to the perfect slightly gooey not quite done consistency, I put the dish on the top of the stove to "cool." About 5 minutes later I started smelling a bizarre burning odor. I go to get a delicious caramel, chocolately morsel only to discover that I put the pan on the burner for my tea pot which was still turned on low. So all I had to show for my stupidity was a cup of tea and charred brownies.

Then I'm reading my friend JCR's blog and see that there's been a recall of Peter Pan PB. Apparently this morning I consumed a delicious peanut butter and possibly tainted with salmonella sandwich ... just great!!

1 comment:

JCR said...

How are you feeling...any salmonella symptoms yet? I'm still OK. I think I'm in the clear now. I don't even like Peter Pan PB, but I was starving!

Thanks for the blog link!