Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fast Men and New Furniture

Is it wrong for me to admit that though I am very proud of BJ's latest race endeavors, I'm slightly irritated that he is now officially faster than me??? Yes, folks your friendly blog author really IS that shallow.

So yesterday was BJ's second 5K and the absolute gorgeous temps in the high 60s at the start were perfect for a run! I had worked an overnight shift so I was in a slight daze when I arrived. BJ was running with his friend Ken so I was on the lookout for Ken's wife and son - I rightfully assumed that a stroller would be an easy find in the crowd. After meeting up with JJM, we headed towards the finish line to await the arrival of our two favorite runners. The race was the Arkansas Clear Mountain 5K and it was one of the racing series for the Arkansas road runner groups so there were lots of FAST people, for example the winner came in just at 15 minutes. I knew that BJs goal was to beat 30 minutes (a goal I have long held missing twice and at 30:41 and 30:32) so I started looking closely at 27 minutes. I should mention that staying true to my vision of racing, BJ was concerned about what shirt to wear, whether it would good etc. Clearly I have taught him that it's not only about how you race, but how GOOD you look when you race! When I finally saw him, he was sprinting hard to the finish and made it right at 29 minutes!!!! You suck!! ...... err I mean, Good for you!! Great job!! Here's a pic of him and his friend Ken (copyright jjm) - what nice looking runners don't you think??? It's a shame they had both taken off their headbands, it gave them both such a nice retro 80s touch!!

After returning from the race, our new furniture was delivered! It was a shock to see the former bachelor pad living room suddenly turned into a warm, and welcoming living room as befitting the status of two, cool, young professionals. We now have a cream colored couch with sage and rust accents pillows, a kick-ass old fashioned leather club chair, and a fun, red hot swivel chair that we just threw in the mix because it was also on clearance and I loved it! Every time I walk into the room I still grin and the couch is hands down the MOST COMFORTABLE couch I've ever been on. Seriously, it's soft and wide and so roomy that even two people who really didn't like each other could lay down and barely touch. The dog children have sniffed around once or twice and I think we had to tell each of mine at least once to get down.







































And for when we're not watching?? We purchased these evil mats from Dr Fosters and Smith (my favorite dog stuff supplier!) to place on the furniture.I'm guessing that it will only take one time of jumping up and feeling unpleasantness on their paws before they stay away forever. I feel a little mean, but we are determined that this will NOT be dog furniture and given that they all have comfy beds (Cleo just got a new one this week that even matches one of the cushions on the couch) I refuse to feel guilty.

1 comment:

JCR said...

The room looks great! I LOVE the red chair, too.